Choosing the right DDR4 RAM is quite exciting. You get to pick up the best memory for your computer based on your own preferences.
Gone are the days when we barely had options and had to stick with 2 or 3 choices. Today, there are so many DDR4 RAM products that you are bound to be confused. Don’t worry though! We are here to help you purchase the best.
Best DDR4 RAM for Z170
Here’s our shortlist, straight from the experts!
1. OFFTEK RAM Memory for Asus Z170-A – 16 GB
We think this is an excellent memory upgrade from OFFTEK because it has all the features you could ask for including the following:
- This is a 16 GB module with a DIMM 288-pin form factor.
- Its memory type is DDR4 SDRAM.
- Since it has been engineered as a RAM upgrade for Z170, it fits perfectly with no compatibility issues.
- Its bandwidth is DDR4-19200.
- You can enjoy a lifetime warranty against this RAM, which means that if you face any problems at any point of time, the manufacturers will be happy to help.
2. G.SKILL RipJaws V Series RAM – 32 GB
G.SKILL RipJaws is a leading seller of DDR4 RAMs. It has many happy users who simply love the features the RAM offers. Let’s take a closer look at the 32 GB V Series RAM:
- This is a RAM upgrade designed for Intel 6th generation processors.
- It is a dual channel RAM with a capacity of 32 GB. It comes in a set of 2 with each having 16 GB memory.
- The form factor is 288-pin DDR4.
- It also comes with heatsinks to dissipate heat and keep the computer cool.
- The module’s height is 42mm, which is suitable even for oversized heatsinks.
- The transfer speed is quite fast, making it ideal for gaming, data processing, and image/video editing.
3. Computer Memory Solutions – RAM for Asus Z170 (32 GB)
Fairly priced and reliable, you definitely won’t regret purchasing this RAM from Computer Memory Solutions. It has everything you expect from a quality RAM upgrade. Here’s a closer look:
- This is a non-ECC DIMM RAM with a 288-pin form factor.
- The RAM comes in 2 pieces, each with a capacity of 16 GB.
- The bandwidth you can expect is DDR4-PC19200.
- This is unbuffered RAM.
- The manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty against their product to protect you from damages.
4. G.Skill RipJaws V Series – 8 GB
If you do not want a lot of memory and would be happy with 8 GB, this particular RAM is the perfect one for you. It is another excellent product from G.Skills for the following reasons:
- It has a form factor of 288-pin DDR4 SDRAM.
- The speed you can expect is DDR4 2133.
- The cas latency timing is around 15-15-15-35.
- Other specifications are non-ECC, unbuffered, and 1.2 V.
- The heat spreader design is very sleek and stylish.
5. G.Skills RipJaws V Series – 16 GB
This buffered/registered unbuffered RAM from RipJaws V Series will you 16 GB of awesomeness. Don’t believe us? Go through its features to find out for yourself!
- The cas latency is 16 and the timing you can expect is 16-18-18-38.
- The 16 GB RAM has a form factor of DDR4 SDRAM (288 pins).
- It comes with a good heat spreader.
- Its speed is quite on par at DDR4 3200.
- The manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty.
Now that you have a list of the best DDR4 RAM for Z170, let’s take a look at some common questions and their answers.
What is a good speed for DDR4 RAM?
Around 3,000 MHz for each module is considered a good speed.
Is 32GB RAM overkill?
It depends on the purpose. If you are an average user who doesn’t engage in gaming, 32GB RAM is definitely overkill. Even if you are a gamer, 16GB will be more than enough. Only if you use your computer for multiple things and require a lot of memory should you go with a 32GB RAM.
Is higher MHz RAM better?
Higher MHz is faster for sure but it does not really affect the overall performance of the computer.
Will increasing RAM increase FPS?
It increases the FPS, yes, but the difference is not really noticeable.
What is the fastest type of RAM?
SDRAM is the fastest type of RAM closely followed by EDO RAM, which is 5% slower.
Can RAM cause FPS drops?
Under certain circumstances, the RAM can cause FPS drops. If the RAM timings are high or if the wait time to get information is too long, the FPS will drop.
Does increasing RAM increase laptop speed?
Yes, the processing speed will increase when you increase the RAM.
Did this article help you and answer all your questions about the best DDR4 RAM for Z170? We would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or contact us.